Photo of the Local
Despite all the perceived backwardness there must be a few advantages of living out here in the bundus such as:
- No traffic Jams, wait that is not entirely true. Occassionally cattle crossing the road can hold you up for a few minutes)
- Beers are sold at the reccomended retail price - .You can be the local celebrity by just buying a drink for everyone in the pub and it will still cost you less than getting into Carni
- Dates are cheap- In the most expensive restuarant you can get an meal for two for less than 2 reds.
- Everybody knows you - whether this is good or bad is still debatable depending on how you are known since reputations stick.
- Being a celeb only requires you to drive a car that moves without being push started (you get extra marks if it is not a pick-up)
- You never need to dress up in anything fancy. but I will still not do the yellow trouser and purple shirt routine.
- No gym card required Nobody cares if you gain weight - you actually gain points in the social ladder
There must be several more reasons otherwise I would now have been driven mad by boredom and have gotten out of here.
There is a downside too:
- If you are not yet married at 21 you are a misfit, if you dont have 2 wives at 40 you need help
- Daily Conversation revolves around livestock, crops, children and escapades of the local chief and headmaster
- Talk to the local girls and a commitee of wazee will shortly be arriving at your digs to negotiate dowry
- How can yor gain weight without Burgers?
Its not that bad just different and we all have to work
Ces' t la vie